Huge announcement today! Apple introduces Mountain Lion. Bringing a ton of great iOS features over to the Mac. As an iOS user this is going to be awesome, I assume most iOS users are gonna love it. Make sure to follow the link to check out more. Love it? Hate it? Let us know what you think.
Also if your Mac is not running Lion and you need some help getting it ready, make sure to let us know!
• http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/ •
Valentine’s Day Printer Sale! THIS WEEK ONLY! Bring this coupon into our store and you can purchase a Brand New All-In-One HP or Canon Printer for only $25, that is more than $50 off the original price. There is a limited supply so make sure to stop in and tell anyone you know too!
For those of you looking for some fresh & new wallpapers, make sure to take a look at solidbase.tumblr.com. They feature some great wallpapers from a lot of great designers. If your looking for something a little different though, let us know. We have a good stockpile of wallpapers. We might post a wallpaper round up one of these days.
• Change your folders icon •
If your someone who really likes to keep files on your system very organized, and you really like visual indicators so you know whats in all of those folders, than changing your folders icon can be a big help.
For example, say you have a folder than contains only custom music tracks you created using GarageBand. So why not give that folder an icon that some how relates to music.
Like this icon below:
There are several ways to do this but one quick and easy way to do is to simply follow these steps.
1. Locate the icon that you want to use.
2. Locate the folder that will be getting the new icon.
3. Right Click (Ctrl + Click) on both the folder and the icon and select Get Info. You can also select the folder or icon and press Cmd+I, and that will do the same thing.
4. You then should have the same view as you see here:
5. Next click on the icon so its highlighted blue, and and press Cmd+C to copy the icon.
6. Finally select the folder’s icon so it’s now highlighted blue, and press Cmd+V.
7. Your folder should now have a custom icon!
• You can pretty much change any folder’s or application’s icon using these steps. Applications may default back to their original icon once you apply an update though, so you will have to follow these steps again.
• I would suggest testing this out on a new blank folder just to make sure it works for you.
If you have any questions or need more instruction please feel free to let us know!
- - -
Go to Iconfactory to find lots of great and free icons!
If you really like customizing your icons you might want to check out CandyBar, a great app that automates the process a little more.
If you have a better way to do this or any suggestions we would love to hear!
- - -
Thanks for checking out Tech Points by Checkpoint - Quick Tip #1
Chrome Web Browser Finally Comes to Android Phones, Tablets -
Chrome for Android devices … finally. What is the best browser out there for any platform? My vote is Safari and Chrome very close race between them.
Checkpoint’s new Q & A section coming soon! If you have any questions just let us know!
(hint: click the ? mark at the top right of the page to ask questions)
You can also send us questions on Facebook & Twitter @Checkpnt