Quick Tip #3 • Customize System Preferences
• Customize System Preferences •
I got this tip from the awesome team over at Cult of Mac so I thought I would share it with you. I can’t believe I never knew you could do this but I am glad I know kow to now.
This is a very easy tip just takes a few steps.
1. Launch System Preferences so you are looking at the a similar screen as the one below:
2. Click on the View menu, from the Top Menu Bar, and select Customize. You should then see check marks appear next to the icons, like you can see in the above screenshot. This allows you to uncheck the ones you don’t want or need there. Once you are finished. Click Done to save your changes and those icons disappear.
3. That’s it your done. Told you it was easy.
• If you want to find them again and add them back, simply select Customize again from the View menu and the now hidden icons will show up with a checkbox allowing you to select them if you choose so they can reappear in the System Preferences window.
• If you happen to not want the icons organized by Category then you can select Alphabetically and watch the icons shift around. Its actually a more minimal view.
Well that’s it for Quick Tip #3, if you have a better hint about this or we missed something make sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for checking out Tech Points by Checkpoint - Quick Tip #3